MWC Information for Faculty
We Can Help You / You Can Help Us
The Miller Writing Center tutors and staff can help faculty members:
- Introduce students to the MWC. If you would like a writing
center tutor to give a brief presentation to one or more of your
submit a request form.
- Facilitate peer writing groups. Writing center tutors and staff
can help introduce your students to peer response and facilitate
writing groups within and outside of courses.
- Develop mini-lessons on specific topics.
Miller Writing Center tutors and staff would be greatly assisted by
- Send us information about assignments, requirements, or special
needs. We can use this information during specific tutoring sessions
and during our training.
- Encourage, but not require their students to visit the MWC.
Required visits are problematic for several reasons including
overwhelming our schedule. If you feel an entire class of students
needs our help, please contact us.
- Identify students who are strong writers and encourage them to
become writing center tutors. We are continually looking for
students from all disciplines who are good readers and writers
themselves and who are excited about working with other writers.
- Link your Canvas course site to our website:
- Follow us on Twitter or friend us on Facebook.
I appreciate the availability and willingness of the Miller Writing Center in helping improve my students'
academic success. After Dr. Adams led a peer response session in my class, the class average was higher than in
previous semesters and my grading went faster because the writing was better. All in all, a very worthwhile
addition to my class routine.
— Dr. Robert Nelson, Agricultural Economics
Need to Talk with Us?
If you have questions about any of our student services or about how we
might help students from your courses more specifically, please email our Coordinator of Student Services at
firstname.lastname@example.org or call 334-844-7475.
Who We Are
We serve ALL students for their entire Auburn career. Our goal is to help
students become better writers, develop strategies for approaching writing
tasks, and proofread and edit their own writing. Our writing consultants — both
graduate and undergraduate — represent a variety of majors and support writers
be being good readers of writing-in-process. We offer assistance with:
- Any course assignment — lab reports, essays, research papers,
memos, letters, executive summaries, posters, PowerPoints,
annotations, theses, dissertations, scholarly articles, and more
- Applications for internships, scholarships, or graduate school
- Resumes and cover letters
- Conventions of different disciplines
Although walk-in appointments are welcome, we strongly encourage students to
make appointments online at
The average session runs for half an hour. Students will receive individual
peer tutoring focused on their writing needs. As a teacher, you'll automatically
get a summary of the session if the student has agreed to our sending of such a
Where We Are and When We Are Open
We have three main locations and satellite locations around campus. Current
hours and locations are:
The Learning Commons
RBD Library 2nd Floor
- Sunday: 4-9pm
- Monday-Thursday: Noon-9pm
The Athletic Complex
corner of Donahue and Samford
- Sunday: 6-8pm
- Monday-Thursday: 11am-3pm and 5-9pm
Forestry & Wildlife Sciences
602 Duncan, Room 3407
- Mon, Noon-4pm
- Tues, 10am-Noon
- Weds, 11am-1pm
- Thurs, 10am-2pm
The Learning Resources Center
- Monday-Thursday: 9am-Noon
Student Center 1330J
2nd floor LADC, Dudley Hall