Our Facebook and Twitter followers are the first to receive our updates.
Get on board if you haven't already:
YOU WILL BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION
So, please read it carefully before you complete the registration form...
* While Auburn University Panhellenic does not require a minimum GPA to participate in recruitment, the individual chapters do have their own grade requirements. Based on the information the average minimum GPA requirement for pledging tends to be around a 3.0, but some sororities have cutoffs that are higher. The all sorority GPA is usually above a 3.0. In some circumstances, however, women with GPAs below the requirements do receive bids, but please be advised that having grades below the requirements do limit your chances of pledging.
* If you register by 11:59 pm on Thursday, July 18, 2013, the recruitment fee will be $75.00. From Friday, July 19, 2013 until 11:59 pm on Thursday August 1, 2013, online registration will still be available, but at a cost of $125.00. Beginning Friday August 2, 2013 registration will only be available by calling our office at 334-844-4595 and will cost $250.00. A t-shirt is included in your recruitment fee. Additional shirts may be ordered at a price of $12.00. This can be done on your registration form. All recruitment and t-shirt fees will be posted to your bursar's account, so please don't send us any money.
* Once you submit your application, your recruitment and t-shirt fees will not be refunded, even if you do not come to recruitment. So, be sure you really want to participate before you sign up.
* You should register for recruitment only once. Do not register once and then register again later with changes. Once you register, the sororities receive the information you send in and have begun working with your application and it creates a great deal of confusion when someone tries to register more than once and submit changes. The final online registration deadline is not until August 1, 2013, so you've got plenty of time to gather the correct information and register correctly only once rather than register and then send in corrections. Make sure that the information you submit is correct and that you print out a copy for your records. We will email you a receipt within two weeks of your submission.
* When you fill out your registration, be sure to capitalize and spell correctly. The information you submit is sent to the sororities as is, so if you type in all-caps or if you do not capitalize, that is the information that the sororities see. So, be sure to submit your information in a format that you would be proud of.
* You will need to know your final high school GPA for your registration. We ask that you report it on a 4.0 scale. Weighting for honors and AP classes is allowed. So, get that ready before you begin.
* Before sending in your transcript, check over it for your social security number. We don't need that for anything, so you should mark over it with black marker or white it out before submitting your transcript.
Be prepared with these things before you begin registration:
1. Enable all cookies on your browser. Make sure your browser has cookies enabled before clicking on the registration link. Otherwise, you application won't submit and you will receive an error message. Take this important step to ensure you don't have to retype everything. Keep in mind that our recruitment registration is stored in a different place. So, enabling cookies for this site only won't work. Enable all cookies. When you're finished registration, change your setting back to the original state.
2. Your resume information. You will be asked general contact information for you and at least one parent. Also, be ready to report all activities (school, church, community...) from your high school years (and college years if applicable). You will need to know your Auburn email address and student ID number. You will also need to report any relatives who are sorority members. You will need their names, their sororities, and where they went to school.
3. Your high school transcript and any applicable college transcripts in an electronic copy. The sororities look carefully at each person's GPA. Providing a copy of each class you took helps them do this. Get a copy of your transcript (it's OK if it is marked unofficial) and make sure to mark out your social security number if it appears on there. We do not need your social security number for anything. The transcript is the best thing, but a final report card will suffice if it has the final cumulative GPA on it. Scan the pages into one document, even if it is more than one transcript. There is a portion of the application where you will attach the transcript to your application.
4. Be prepared to complete the t-shirt portion of the application. The registration fee provides one shirt to each potential member. The shirt is comfort colors brand and there are three color choices (kiwi green, lagoon blue, and neon red orange) and four size options (small, medium, large, and extra large). Be prepared to tell us the size and color of the ONE shirt you want. The shirts will be worn during philanthropy round, which is a two- day round. Some potential members choose to get only one shirt and wear it both days, but others choose to purchase an extra shirt ($12) so they will have a fresh one on hand for day 2 of the round. Since recruitment is so quickly approaching, we have already placed the final shirt order and can only guarantee you one shirt. In your registration, you can indicate the size and color you want. If you wish to purchase others, bring $12 to the recruitment kickoff for each additional shirt you want to buy. We usually have some extras and we sell them there.
Please call the Greek Life Office (334) 844-4600 any time between 7:45 am and 4:45 pm Central Time Monday to Friday with any questions.
If you want to get our latest announcements, be sure to follow us on Facebook and Twitter!