Ways to Provide the Note-Taking
- Announce the need for a volunteer
note-taker to share notes. Due to confidentiality laws, the student requesting a note-taker has the right
not to have his/her name disclosed.
- If no one volunteers to take notes, you may identify a student and
ask him/her to participate.
- Contact the Office of Accessibility if several class periods have passed
without identifying a note-taker in the course.
- Once a student volunteers to take notes, you should facilitate the process for the exchange of notes.
- If the student receiving the notes is comfortable
disclosing his/her identity, you can simply introduce the two students and allow them to make plans for
the note exchange.
- If the student with a disability wants to maintain confidentiality, arrangements
need to be made so the student’s identity is kept confidential. Notetake, a website allowing for electronic
submission of notes, is available to assist. It provides a fast, easy way for all parties to facilitate the
How Notetake Online System Works:
- The note taker and student needing the notes are established in Notetake.
- The note taker uploads typed notes to the site.
- The student with the accommodation retrieves them at his/her convenience.
- Multiple students can access the same notes through the system.
Apr. 24, 2012